What is APENET?
APENET is a non-profit organization affiliated with the National Association for the Education of Young Children, a prominent organization that brings together about 130,000 members in the United States and Europe.
APENET’s mission is to work collaboratively to promote the care, education, well-being, and holistic development of young children (birth – 8 years old) through opportunities that strengthen both professionals and programs. APENET’s primary objectives are:
- To provide opportunities and resources for professional development to those who work in early childhood programs, such as:
- Workshops and training
- To promote standards and resources that foster excellence in early childhood programs.
- To disseminate standards outlining the preparation and classification of professionals who work in child care and early education.
- To advise centers on how to administer child care and early education programs.
- To hold activities related to public policy, such as:
- Orientation on topics related to the licensing and regulation of early childhood services.
- Support for development of legislation and lobbying.
- To hold educational activities for the community, such as:
- Development and distribution of educational material for young children.
- Promotion of quality programs in the media.
- Celebration of Early Childhood Education Week in order to promote the importance of holistic development in the early years of life.
- To establish and reinforce ties with other organizations in the public and private sectors that have similar objectives.
- To increase the number of affiliates throughout Puerto Rico.
We invite you to visit our website at
and join our organization by getting in touch with us at the following address:
San Juan, PR 00919-3048
Urb. Summit Hills
San Juan, PR